Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Catchup

Wow. It's been a while since I've entered anything substantial. LOTS to share. Unfortunately, I've forgotten much of them. I'll enter what I remember and add on more in later entries.

Late May we attended an anime festival held locally. Interesting. Because the industry has been moving to CGI for some time, hand-drawn cells have become scarce. Many sellers were pitching their stock for sale; the business was too expensive to continue. We bought over 5k of cells. Sigh.

I joined my family down in San Diego also in late May. R. was on-call and couldn't attend. Mom's looking good: the latest heart prob scared her enough to really consider her weight. I think, also, the birth of my nephew (her grandchild) has also affected her. Wonder now if she's waiting for my second sister (the youngest) to have a child.

Moving on. I, my dad, his sister, and one of my sisters visited Sea World. Lots of people. I also got slightly burnt and tanned. We also celebrated my b-day (post party) as well.

I've been working out more these past few weeks. All cardio at the moment. I had been eating substantially since my b-day and checked the results weeks later: four new pounds. Ugh. While the number doesn't sound substantial, the impact on my clothes is: I had to buy new shirts since my neck had grown. I'm continuing the cardio and plan to resume weight-training shortly.

Diet goes hand-in-hand with exercise. I do the food shopping for the household and have made some changes in purchases. More greens, no dairy (replaced by soy), and substantially less snack stuff (e.g., candies, pastries, etc.) R. heartily approves though I cringe at the total prices. Eating healthy is expensive. But we know it'll be worth it in the long run.

Probably notice nothing on reading and writing. Nothing to report, unfortunately. Stopped reading all my books and haven't filled any writing media (i.e., this blog, notebooks, etc.) for weeks. I attribute much of it to the most substantial change in our househould: 50" HDTV and digital cable. The latter, especially, has been dangerous. We've finally found shows that we like. Rarity these days. (Free) Feature On Demand is especially dangerous. I agree with R: it's hard to watch movies on regular television after watching...hmmm...Titanic or Shrek...on an HDTV screen.

But the siren song to write--however distant--keeps persisting. I've been jotting notes here and there and have come up with an (old) solution. Results to be posted shortly.

Been working at my new job for the third week now. This week will be my first complete week since the prior two were shortened due to holidays or the city's work schedule (e.g., every other Friday off.) The workload has so far been...light...as I learn my duties. Opinions and more substantial news to be provided later.

Overall, life's goin' well at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?