Words, Weights, Whatever

Monday, September 15, 2008

Seven Months

As you can see below, my last post was back in February. I'd like to say there have been big changes in my life since then (e.g., winning the lotto, six figure advance for my first book, etc.) but life's been more sedate than that (thank the gawds).

Instead, I'm still employed, still partnered, and still healthy. For those catching up, I started working for the present company back in February 2006. The full-time temp position turned permanent around September that year. Having benefits again...are good!

The Spouse and I will be celebrating our 15th year together this December. 15 years. Damn. That's five times longer than my first major relationship. But don't look for posts about any future weddings. Though same-sex marriages are legal here in the Golden state, we've decided against it -- and even domestic partnership -- for the foreseeable future. That can all change, though, if we win the lotto.

I'm still healthy, abeit with a few more wrinkles. The spare tire, though, is definitely growing. I'm schedule to get a physical this month but am already planning to drop below 200 pounds in the near future. I can see the holidays, though, putting a major crimp in my goal. Oh, well.


More to come!
--
Carpe Diem (seize the day)

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Congratulations about the impending 15 years. As for the spare tire, you need to get back to your workout regimen. Maybe set a reward for losing 20 pounds in two months. It's working for my Dad who's lost 23 lbs., in the past two months since deciding to take a cruise through the Panama Canal.

    We won't talk about the wrinkles. ;-)

    By Blogger Greg, at 12:00 PM  

  • Good to see you here. I hope this post starts a trend!

    By Blogger SBB, at 3:39 PM  

  • Welcome back, Joel! I missed you! :)

    Now when you win that lotto, we need to talk... just sayin'. ;-)

    Congrats on 15 years. Wow. I can't last 15 minutes. How do you do it, dear? ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 AM  

  • thanks, greg, tech, and rcktman. It's...interesting...to be blogging for pleasure instead of work.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?