Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, June 11, 2004

Status at the Moment

Various thoughts on where I'm with my life



Words
Reading and writing are at a virtual standstill. I've been pondering which direction to go at this time and believe I've come up with the right path at this time. Always subject to change, of course, but I need to press onward regardless of the events going around me. I've read many an article/journal/blog entry of folks severely injured/ill, both physically and emotionally, and they continued to write. And one of my role-models is Helen Keller. If she can do it (i.e., read and write), I really have no excuse.


Weights
I have gained weight (see the end for the specific figure.) Normally I wouldn't be concerned except that this time my clothes have been affected. I had to buy new shirts due to my neck increasing. I had promised myself never to let that happen; if it did, my weight becomes a major priority in my life again. I have inherited too many conditions (e.g., heart attack, cancers, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.) to ignore it. Changes already implemented include increased cardio, planned weight-training sessions, and--hardest of all--a shift in my diet. The latter, though, is not as hard as it used to be. I successfully lost thirty pounds with this plan with minimum willpower. Well, except for desserts. Grrr. That's going to be difficult.

Oh, and my weight's currently 210 pounds. Shrug. I'm more worried that my neck has grown from 16 1/2 to 17 1/2.


Whatever

The HDTV and digital cable are distracting. Argh! Got...to...avoid...the...remote----

Families and friends are doing well. Going to see the former (specifically, the parental figures) shortly. What sad with seeing them or even my sibs is that we share very little common interests. Much of the conversation boils down to either latest medical procedure or how our friends are doing. Ah, well.

Quite different with friends. Two, G. and C., I see on a weekly basis. They read far more than I do; they also keep me informed on the latest movie and star-scandals. Just kidding! We could easily converse for hours.

Spending time with spouse, though, is the lion's share of my time. Weekends are exclusively our own. And we have fun: attend conventions; see movies; check out the bookstore; watch DVDs together; etc., all the things happy couples do together.

Ack! I just remembered. Our 11th "first meeting" anniversary is coming up! Oh, better go shopping. Hmmm. Roses...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?