Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, July 09, 2004

Money pit*

We'll be receiving our new refridgerator sometime Saturday. I called Southern California Edison earlier this week to see if they'll take our old one. (It has a small leak.) They said yes but need to schedule the pick up two and and half weeks in advance. Yikes! So tonight and--probably--tomorrow morning, I'll have to make space in the garage for the old one, then empty it of food. I'm not concerned about the food: one of the gifts we received from R.'s mom was a full-sized freezer. R. didn't want to get rid of it so we've kept in the garager keeping ice packs cold. Waste of electricity? Perhaps. But it's nothing compared to our air-conditioner bills during the summer time.

I'm hoping to discuss with R. about more house stuff this weekend. My biggest concern right now are the master bedroom sinks. Both are old: mine, for example, has a hole in the basin. I don't dare fill it up. Normally not a prob except both sinks are clogging. There's no financial issue replacing them (remember the line of credit?) or who will do the work (Corey from George Brazil). Interestingly enough, the issue is the type of sinks.

You see, the prior owners used a brass motif for the house fixtures. No prob with us. We like brass. However, the owners didn't match the brass. We have lamp fixtures, for example, made from bright brass and the antique variety. R. and I agreed a while back to standardize everything to bright brass. However, R.'s really picky about household thingies. (You should have seen our search for bookcases. Brrrr.) I just know we're going to be driving around every weekend to find the 'right' sink fixtures.

And until we pick out the right sink fixturings, I can't call George Brazil to install them.

Grrr.

Then there's replacing the roof. I won't even get started about that!


*For those who don't know, the title refers to how ownership of houses continually drain their owners of money due to maintenance, improvements, etc., hence the term 'money pit'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?