Words, Weights, Whatever

Monday, September 19, 2005

***Pay attention***

Weeks ago I received news that one of the orgs I used to volunteer for had collapsed. The news saddened me: The Spouse and I had spent much time, energy, and a more than a few thousand bucks to help Asians and non-Asian get better acquainted
behind the Orange Curtain.

I've noticed the cliche, "Change is the only constant" more these days. My friend CS has started a new job. My friend GC is on his second dating prospect in as many months. And not only am I between jobs (which will be ending soon. Details to follow.) but my ex-co-workers from five years ago have changed jobs nearly as much as I have. Ugh.

On Saturday, R. and I lunched down at the Spectrum for the first time in weeks. Tootled up, then down (you have to understand SoCal freeways) to check out some going-out-of-business carpet sales. We tried a new anime that evening. Oops. That's another hook attached to our attention.

Sunday we visited the Huntington Beach Park for the first time in a couple of years. Weather was perfect: not too hot or cool, with just enough of a breeze. Lots of people were out enjoying it. We enjoyed the sights of ducks swimming in the small pools and dogs taking care of business on the semi-manicured lawns (with their owners, amazingly enough, picking up after them.) R. then worked on paper work while I tried to write. Evening was spent being wowed--again--by more anime. As we closed the evening at midnight, I began to think what direction to take what will be my last week in unemployment.

3 Comments:

  • Enjoy that week. Reading your words, I realize that the constant change seems to hold true for everyone I know except my dad and my husband... not sure what that means. But I have plenty of changes to make up for their lack. :-)

    By Blogger kate, at 2:44 PM  

  • Change is the only constant. Nothing can remain as it is. Weather changes the face of the Earth. A plastic surgeon changes the layout of Joan Rivers' face. Constantly. If it weren't for change, the world we be a much duller place.

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:19 AM  

  • getting out of unemployment must be very relieving. i was unemployed for 4 months before i found a job. good luck...

    no milk please

    By Blogger No Milk Please, at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?