Words, Weights, Whatever

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Thursday and Friday

Playing a little catchup here:

Thursday
Had a wonderful lunch with my sister and one of her co-workers. I want to smack my brother-in-law, though: where'd he get the idea that the name 'Madeline' (as a possible future name for their child) is a contemporary name like Asley?

Afterwards I drove down to the Huntington Beach city hall to pick up a job app. Nice! And I had almost forgotten what it was like to live close to the beach. (Yeah, yeah, I know. Look at New Orleans....) And because of that nostalgia (we lived in HB for three years), I took Pacific Coast Highway south-eastbound to Irvine before heading back home. Car windows dropped, sunroof opened, I enjoyed the warm air tinged with saltwater and I careened down the (mostly) empty afternoon street.


There are few advantages to being between jobs; this was one of them.

Friday
Interview with an agency in the morn followed up by the Good Guys setting up our HDTV and new sound systems. Yes! Watching movie sessions (e.g., entire Xena series; I, Claudius, etc.), here we come....

2 Comments:

  • I will bring "I, Claudius' tomorrow...I will bring 'I, Claudius' tomorrow.....

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:21 AM  

  • I have the "I, Claudius" DVDs! Loved the show!

    And Xena, well, I liked it even better than Hercules! Some of my favorite ones were the comedy ones with Cupid and/or Joxer. And the "Miss Known World" one is a favorite.

    And I did like the Hercules eps with 'The Widow Twanky.' Can you believe I didn't realize that it was the actor who played Iolaus in drag? I mean, I thought it was a man in drag, but...

    I'm rambling...

    By Blogger TK, at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?