Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

It has been a while....

Update. My job at Sprint PCS came to an end on Friday, January 31st. Since then, I've been sleeping in and writing at the local Starbucks. Spouse's own job...well, let's say that's another story for another time. But the effect is that we've been spending many days together. (Which is good. There are some major changes in the horizon starting in March.)

While visiting Vromin's bookstore in Pasadena, I came across the The 5 Year Journal by Doreene Clement. I had first read about it in one of my Writer's Digest magazine. But to actually see it in print! I eagerly purchased it and have been, for the most part, faithfully entering highlights of my day. I can't wait to see what I have been doing over a five year time.

Besides eating out, we've spent a lot of time in bookstores, especially Barnes and Nobles. I've also checked out the local hobby stores. Overall, I've been disappointed with the latter. Not a lot of new and original stuff out there. I finally, though, purchased Maidenheim by Skald Books. Intriguing stuff.

What else? I finally finished The Golden Fool by Robin Hobb. Wow. And before, I finished Wheel of the Infinite by Martha Wells. Another Wow. Currently reading two more books (which I'll name once I find their author's website.)

Well, time to write. Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?