Words, Weights, Whatever

Monday, March 29, 2004

WWW

With R. on-call during the day all weekend, I was left to my own devices. So...

Words
Outlined 84 scenes so far for my current work-in-progress (WIP). Averaging 4-5 pages a scene, that roughly translates to 336 to 420 pages. I'm now approaching the climax: does the MC allow the gods to return to world or not? If so, how does he do it? My muse is temporarily stuck at one scene but I'm confident I'll find the solution. A more pressing question is: do I go ahead and start writing the scenes now or continue to work on the outline?

Still continuing to read The Lightless Kingdom by Jonathan Wylie.


Weights
Worked out on Sunday for the first time. Though my favorite instructor was out recovering from surgery, her sub did a pretty good job (though I didn't like the music.)

Still considering becoming an instructor. Class introducing the profession being held this week at the Tustin gym. Gonna give it a shot.


Whatever
Spent a significant amount of time Saturday visiting my sister and her new son. On Sunday, R. and I finished Now and Then, Here and There. Very satisfying though painful to watch. And timely: I had read an article recently on how children (pre-teens and early teens) survived being forced to be soldiers* in Africa and other war-torn parts of the world.



* This includes being kidnapped; watching kin killed; killing their own kin or deserters--who are also children; surviving rape by officers and fellow soldiers; surviving giving birth (if female) to their own children; handling beatings; etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?