Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Job hunting

Call from one of my agencies. Wanted to know if I could come in on Tuesday for an interview for that city job. I told them I had made plans but was available for the rest of the week. The agency asked if I could meet that afternoon as well. I gulped, thinking about my shirts but said yes. The recruiter contacted the client and, of course, they said they'd like to meet that afternoon. I scrambled and bought a couple of new dress shirts. Fortunately the suit was fine.

I had mixed feelings after the interview. First, there were four folks who interviewed me. No prob with that. But it was over fast. Fifteen minutes tops. And I'm not sure I want to accept the position now that I know more details about the position. (Details to follow later.) I expressed my concerns to the recruiter who said she'd call the client. She did and told me that they were impressed with me and will call for a second interview with the director himself. And there's competition: another agency has sent their temp to be interviewed as well.

Sigh. We'll see what happens later this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?