Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Tuesday

Highlights

Well, yesterday was my last day at work.
I had felt both calm and nervous all day. I need to reiterate that while I liked the company and my co-workers, I hated my job duties. And the latter roared to the surface; my co-worker and I were busy all day fielding calls and processing paperwork.
I was actually surprised when, that morning, I was told my manager was taking me out for lunch. I felt nervous in anticipation for the meal and during the event itself. I know it must have been hard for her. I rarely talked with my manager except professionally. But, as usually, the fear's worse than the actually event. Still, it was an uncomfortable experience. I would rather have left quietly.

Moving on...

Reactivated at a couple of agencies yesterday. Scheduled an interview with a new one today. Searching and looking to join a few more this week. The week looks busy; paperwork to finish out our new mortgage application; working out (again); and housework. Definitely more writing.

A major project I want to jumpstart again is my monthly planning session. I started back at the beginning of January and rapidly fell behind. Part of the reason is I never left my list easily visible to remind me. But I came up with one possible solution: have the list sent to me daily by e-mail. I have several on-line e-mail accounts that I can copy and paste the list and schedule it be sent either daily or on a regular basis. I'll give the idea a shot.

Well, back to job-hunting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?