Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, April 09, 2004

Reemerging

Words
Some people gush words when depressed. I'm not one of them. I'm the opposite: if depression was a new
operating system from a certain 800 pound elephant, my muse is too little random-access memory (RAM). That's
one of the reasons the amount of my blog posts have dropped.

But I've switched operating systems (more specifically, I've 'dropped' the major source of my depression) and
while it's been replaced by fear, uncertainity, and doubt (FUD) over finding the new job, I know I can handle
the latter. My writing output will definitely increase over the next few days as I return to my projects.


Weights
Nothing since Monday. And diet's currently at blue screen of death (BSOD) which, ironically, is a good thing. Will work on both shortly.


Whatever
Currently my days consists of the following (in no particular order):

Napping. Eating a lot. Surfing the World Wide Web (WWW) for jobs or following the war in Iraq. Reading a variety of media. Chatting with friends and family on the phone. (Still no interest in instant messaging of any flavor.) Occasional chatting in chatrooms. Working on my resumes. Warming up my writing skills in my journals (which includes blogs.) Paying bills. Housework (very little time.) Channel-surfing (which is very boring. Usually switch to a DVD.)

Here are a few more details:

Job-hunting consists primarily surfing various job sites or companies on-line. Will start looking at the ads in the papers shortly. I've submitted at least ten resumes since late last week. One lead came from an instructor; I have yet to hear back from the company. Only responses so far have been a couple of temp agencies.

While I normally place eating under Weights, my response has be marked with much having to due to my recent job issues. I am consuming carbs--specifically, pasta--at a prodigious rate, easily stopping my downward trend. The result? A marked improvement in my mood. This will be essential as I assume the stresses of FUD (see Words above) while looking for a new job, money issues, and writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?