Words, Weights, Whatever

Monday, April 05, 2004

Yesterday and tomorrow

Words
Yesterday I finally decided to put the outline on hold and assemble all the necessary scenes from my old manuscripts into the current one. To do so, I had to read each scene to make sure it was pertinent. I felt amazement; some of these scenes were over a year old and I hadn't seen them during all that time. Yet the writing, the life, the fire, still resonated within them. I felt awed and humbled.

I rarely think of my talent and know of no writer who regularly mentions their own. Much of writing is, well, writing which means work (and lots of it). But there's a part, too, where having the talent comes to play.

I remember years ago attending a writing course. There was a new kid in the class who had been encouraged by his new spouse and friends to give writing a shot. And it quickly became obvious why: his writing, unedited and raw, stood heads above more polished veterans who have been attending the class for years. Life resonated from those pages.

And that's how I felt yesterday. And I know I'll feel it, again, tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?