Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, June 25, 2004

WWW

Words
As can be noted by the lack of entries, work on any of my novels has halted. Reasons vary but all based on procrastination (especially the HDTV and digital cable entering our lives.)

This blog, fortunately, continually reminds me to write. The reviews are some of the first fruits. The solitary nature of my current position at work and the emotions invoked (read bored) provide nice prodding as well. Finally, I miss the fruition of my ideas: will my protagonist allow the gods to return to the world? What really happened after the boy was swallowed up by dragon? And what were those voices the immigrant heard shortly after landing in the human colony of an alien world.

Ah, so many stories...


Weights
In reverse of my fitness goals years ago, I've been focusing more on my eating habits than working out. I've resumed many of my original habits: metamucil, a gallon of water a day, eating only half the meal and bringing the rest home, more wise (and tasty) food choices, etc. From this simple effor alone, I've lost enough in the past couple of weeks for the once-tight collars of my workshirts to fit comfortably. Same with the waistbands of my new slacks.

Now it's back to truly shaping my physique. While I've been good in keeping my cardio up, my efforts been minimal (one step class a week.) Definitely not enough to lose significant amount (between 10-15 pounds) of body fat. Scheduling up to three more slots a week.

Resuming weights to increase my chest, broaden my shoulders and back, and round out my arse. Start with a basic plan: squats for legs; assisted pullouts for back; pushups for chest; and lifts for shoulders. May hit the tri's, bi's, and calves if I have the time. Schedule at least twice a week for total body and work up to four for more specialization.

Hmmm. Time for supplements again?


Whatever
R. and I have been on a spending spree this past few months. The HDTV and digital cable. More DVDs. More books. More role-playing games (me) costing a couple of hundred. Over 5k worth of original anime cells (R.) I thinks it's time we actually start enjoying all these purchases while slowing down the cash flow. I'll push for us to sit down for a bit and schedule the month of July with stuff--

Ack! I just remembered. Four days of Comicon! Well, there went the funds....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?