Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Comic Con 2004



I woke early on Wednesday, July 21st to meet with a contractor about our floor. Somehow I missed him knocking at the front door and his call even though I groggily sat in the family room. But he left a note and message and I contacted him as he was leaving our complex. He returned, took the necessary measurements and promised to fax estimates for our review when we returned.



The next person to arrive was the home insurance agent. She took pictures of the damaged floor, the holes created by the plumbers during their investigation, and recorded what had happened over the weekend. R., of course, was extremely uncomfortable being tape-recorded.

There's was a...mixup...with the cleanup crew when they arrived which delayed our leave. But the issue was resolved and R. and I began our trek to San Diego and the Comic Con.


We agreed that, instead of attending the Preview Night, we would take a more leisurely pace. We stopped at the Spectrum and had a meal at the Cheesecake Factory, our first major meal of the day. Traffic was sparse the way down but we still didn't pull into Hillcrest until after 2000. We toured the local used bookstores (of course) before registering in the bed and breakfast for the night.

(to be continued)

10 Comments:

  • Tape recorded?!? I'm with R. What a freaky thing to have to do. Can't the agent just take notes?!? bluck.

    Sandra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 PM  

  • So what cheesecake did you try? Just looking at the pictures got me hungry. - firemind

    PS - I found a writer's site and am looking at it. I will leave the url in your way Comments later.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

  • Re: tape recorded.
    Apparently they need it to type up their reports. (Shrug)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:25 AM  

  • Re: cheesecake.
    None, actually. In fact, had to take half my food to the bed and breakfast because I couldn't finish the entree.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:26 AM  

  • I like the photos, being an armchair traveler myself.

    By Blogger SBB, at 7:06 AM  

  • Re: photos.
    Thanks. Unfortunately, they're not mine but ones I have found on the WWW.
    Hmmm. Maybe I should start putting up disclaimers.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:24 AM  

  • I thought that construction worker looked a little too posed....

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:59 AM  

  • Or maybe get a digital camera and take your own. Digitals are fun. I enjoy mine.

    Keep the photos, though. It really adds to the blog experience. :)

    By Blogger SBB, at 9:01 AM  

  • Reply to TECH:
    Still using film (gasp!) Will probably be getting a digital by year's end. Right now relying on the WWW for pics and, later, the scanner.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:41 AM  

  • I still use film also. 35mm is still one of the best ways to take pictures. I have two professional photographers in my family, and I'll pass on the best advice they ever gave me about photos: film is cheap, but the moment you're trying to capture might never come again. Take pictures and keep taking them.

    The thing that I really like about digital is that it's easy to post photos on my blog. Using my scanner takes a few more minutes, and I'm impatient and lazy. :)

    By Blogger SBB, at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?