Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Monday Madness

I spent Monday on the edge of my emotions. Lack of sleep (see Way) , R. on-call, and the water soaking the wooden kitchen floor left me a bit...frazzled...at work.

But I was amazingly efficient, interestingly enough. Woke up around 6 AM to mail out customers' packages at the postoffice; dropped off last week's time sheet; and picked up my paycheck. I had to wait 10-15 minutes at each location since I arrived too early. I arrived early enough at work that I was the first person to make the coffee!

I worked two different duties at work, scanning docs in the morn and manning the front desk for the rest of the day. At every break and at lunch, I made calls: our home insurance, the adjuster, and R. For a rest, I ate at my favorite nearby Japanese food. The two different rolls and tempura helped.

I realized in the afternoon that we had to deal with the water issue. I spoke with R. about my plans. I called my agency and they agreed.

So I approached my boss (the client) and told her that I had to take Tuesday off. I felt very foolish. I really didn't want to take that day off due to past difficulties with the assignment. I didn't want her to think I was slacken because I had vacation coming up.

But my boss understood, only asking if I'd be back on Monday. I said yes. Whew!*

Chores were not finished when work ended. I picked up clothes at the drycleaners. When I got home, I jelled, watching the Teen Titans. It was another rerun, of course. I debated about hitting the gym that evening but the involuntary snooze reminded me how tired I was. Spent the rest of night reading and surfing the Internet.

 
*NOTE: I tend to hype myself when I'm fatigued. Does it show?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?