Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

***Gonna try something a little different here***

As you long-time readers know, I usually divide my post into three sections: Words (for my writing efforts); Weights (my fitness efforts); and Whatever (for, well, whatever else strikes my fancy to talk about at the time.) I originally created such artificial categories to help me focus on my (then) major interests when I created this blog. The divisions proved useful when I had three blogs. Even after I abandoned the other two, I maintained the three out of habit.

Now I wonder if the divisions have hurt my readership. When I check out a blog, for example, I usually only read the most recent entry. I presume many of y’all do the same. Since I usually start my post discussing my writing efforts (or lack of), I may lose those who are not interested in such topics. This is especially the case for those who like to read my daily activities which are usually found under the Whatever heading.

Thus, starting today, I’m discontinuing the artificial categories in the hopes that readership will pick up. I know it’s a hopeful wish: greater folks than yours truly have tried and failed, but what’s the purpose of a public diary if one doesn’t have readers.

So on that note…. (to be continued)

5 Comments:

  • The categories don't hurt your blog at all. Some blogs categorize each post so that they may be easily found later. Do whatever you want with your blog. If no one comments, no one comments. I worried about that for a while, but then I don't comment on every blog that I read. Why should I expect everyone to comment on miine?

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:23 AM  

  • Besides you know I read it, and if I read it, does it matter if anyone else does? :)

    By Blogger SBB, at 9:08 AM  

  • Exactly. It's your blog so do as you wish! We will read it either way!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:15 PM  

  • Well, I think you should do what you think is best. Comments are a big bonus to me. At least I know when I touch people with my writing, or tickle, or totally grossed out ... WHATEVER. But, this is your blog and you can do as you please. You're a FABULOUS writer, just don't stop writing.

    By Blogger GrooveTheory, at 4:36 PM  

  • Wait...there were divisions before? I need to pay closer attention. ;)

    By Blogger SwanShadow, at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?