Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

December dreaming

What a month.

I worked at a major computer company from September to December and, boy, was it an eye-opening experience. This is the second time I ignored my instincts to get out and will be the last time. I learned a lot, though, about myself and about people. I plan to incorporate the latter in future novels. Hmmm. Villains or victims?

The free-lancing gig is going okay at the moment. Recap: was offered a job writing posts on an automotive weblog ("blog"). While finding the article posts has been easy, writing them is time-consuming. But it does bring (some) funds and, more importantly, it's building up my portfolio. And there are some nice perks. I'll be attending a couple of auto shows at the end of this year and the beginning of next year as media. Ah. All those cars and no crowds to deal with.

Celebrated the holidays three days in a row. Saw my sister and her fiance (sp?) with our parents on Saturday; saw my parents and other sister and her family on Sunday, and celebrated with spouse's family yesterday. I know I've gained weight: certain pants are tight again. Ugh. Hitting the gym tonight.

Will be making 2006 another record year.

2 Comments:

  • Congrats again on the posting job!

    Sounds like you had a good holiday.

    What's your plan for 2006?

    By Blogger SBB, at 12:48 PM  

  • Hi Joel! I know its been awhile. Maybe the solstice and Saturnalia (oh and that thing they are tacking on these days, what do they call it? Some new cult) makes us want to keep in touch.

    I'm sorry work is bumpy, but the freelance thing sounds cool, and from that you can build more writing work. But writing as a profession is hard, for sure!

    And can we talk about weight? Well in my case not so much weight but ugly body fat percentage. I should probably cut out the wine. But Robert Mondavi is my friend! (does that sound alcoholic?)

    So hug the spouse and think of all the other gay guys out there (like me who is actually kinda dating a guy and freaking out because he seems way too cute to like me, etc, drama, angst, whining, worrying... you know) who are less fortunate and have not yet found a mate. :-)

    Happy New year Joel and best wishes to you guys.

    Kevin

    By Blogger TK, at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?