Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It has been a while, hasn't it.

Major changes in my life. First, I'm between jobs again. I'll elaborate more in future posts but basically my personality was incompatible with my client and her staff.

It's been two weeks since I became a free-lance writer over at Autoblog. I've easily posted over sixty new posts. I'm learning a lot about myself: it's harder than it looks (one of the reasons I'm not posting here its I'm too exhausted after writing my requisite three to six) and I procrastinate more than I thought.

But the topic--cars--still fascinates me and I enjoy finding and writing (once I've started) all those wonderful posts. And I'm already involved in some of the perks of the job: I'll be attending the San Diego Auto Show and the Los Angeles Auto Show as press: I'll get to see the vehicles, attend presentations, etc., not open to the public. Whoohoo!

Remodeling of the house has slowed down to a crawl.

More to come but I have Xmas stuff to do. Later!

3 Comments:

  • He's ALI-I-I-I-I-I-VE!

    Glad to know you're still with us, Joel. Shame about the job, though.

    By Blogger SwanShadow, at 1:15 PM  

  • Glad to see you up and about! I've read some of your posts at Autoblog; nice work!!! Enjoy the auto shows, too....going in as press.....

    By Blogger Greg, at 9:09 AM  

  • The job ended for a reason and it sounds like you are aware of it. If it was perfect you would still be at it.

    I popped into Autoblog and had a look. Those short snappy posts are as much work as the long meandering ones. You have to catch a readers attention and yet not rewrite the article you are linking to. The amount of posting in that blog is amazing.

    You probably won't get to write about Unicorns much at Autoblog but for many of us BMW's and sports cars are pure fantasy anyway.

    By Blogger Leon, at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?