Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Gen Con So Cal (cont.)

I drifted over to the gaming sections both days. Mildly interesting and boring simultaneously. Analogy would be watching people playing cards. If Gen Con comes back next year, I may sign up for a game or two.

I found the attendees...fascinating. I joked with R. that the gamers are folks who dressed a certain way back in junior high and never grew up (just out. WAY out. But that's a topic for another day.) Felt exhilerated that people continued to game (I have very fond memories of my gaming times) and left out. As I told R., I've changed too much and too cynical to try to "recapture" my youth (which, truth be told, I view as very unpleasant.)


Overall, I found the event an incredible experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?