Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Stayed up late

One of the ways I know a book is really good (at least to me) is if I'm willing to stay up late to read another chapter or, worse, try to finish the book. The last series I did that were by Robin Hobb.

This time, it was a TV series.

I recorded both episodes of the new Battlestar Galactica mini-series. Late last night, while the second part was half-way through, I started to watch the first two hours while doing some housework. There went the housework.

I enjoyed the first half. And, after R. had finally fallen asleep, I bolted out of bed at 01:00 this morning and watched the second half. I know I'll pay for it later today.

I enjoyed the show. Did I enjoy it as much as the first series? Probably. It's been a couple of decades but I remembered enough to notice--for example--the similarity of the Fleet ships between the two series as well as the more blatant homage stuff like the music during the decommission ceremony. Is the new series that different? Yeah. Same theme, different feel. I liken it to the two version of the song, Proud Mary, both of which I enjoy immensely. Did I like the direction the show has taken? Yes.

I normally don't watch TV but I may be recording this series (or, at the very least, purchase the DVD set when it comes out.) And that's asking a lot of this bibliophile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?