Words, Weights, Whatever

Saturday, February 21, 2004

Yesterday stuff

Little bit about yesterday

Words
Started work on background stuff for my current WIP but got distracted by family. Hey, I know my priorities!

Resume work today.


Weights
Interesting. Though I brought in donuts to work, I only ate two. That's a record for me.


Whatever
Work was quite busy. And I'm definitely getting more competent which is a mixed blessing. That means more stuff I can handle on my own. Sigh.

Lunch out. That's it. When I order a caesar salad, dressing is on the side! I think the salad was roughly half and half: half veggies, half dressing. Ugh.

Is it me, or are the servers over at Romano's really cute? J. served me yesterday (bad wording there!) and looked exceptionally fine. Sigh. It's the just the attractiveness of youth.

Moving on...

An ex-co-worker whom I maintained contact after we were let go from our jobs is beginning to really irritate me. While I'm not opposed to his religious and political views--which are total opposite of mine--I am peeved that he's a parrot: he constantly quotes the bible or some article from the popular media to support his viewpoint. It's obvious he's not thinking about what he's saying and I don't like people who don't think. And this type of (lack of) thinking--plus the fact he hasn't done anything to move his life forward--makes me think* it's time for me to sever this relationship.

My sibling called that evening, seeking advice on how to handle our mother. Specifically, J.'s preggie and is concerned about our mom's wishes during the birth. I offered my perspective and it seemed to calm her.

R.'s sick. Cold. Damn.


*Hmmm. How many times did I use the word 'think' in this paragraph?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?