Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, July 02, 2004

Friday*

One of the reason I took my current temp assignment is the client's office is closed every other Friday. Today was that Friday (which also gives me a four-day holiday).

I woke up my usual time and made our coffee's while R. prepared for work. I debated about an early morning workout (cardio) but decided to relax. Maybe I'll grab an afternoon class, I thought and later checked the gyms' schedules for availability.

R. left for work, an hour and a half trek. Fortunately traffic was still light. I went on-line and read the news while sipping coffee. R. finally called, safely arriving at work.

I didn't immediately jump out of bed. Read a little more and listened/watched a music DVD. Then prepped for the day:

Lunch down at Cheesecake Factory. Picked up my paycheck from the temp agency. Stopped by the bank twice to make deposits and a withdrawal for this weekend. Picked up the two-weeks worth of comic books. Haircut. Oh! Picked up a new cellphone to replace my ailing old one.

Returning home prove to be the downfall. I shouldn't have laid down to read. I realized a couple of hours later that I had fallen asleep. Ugh.

R. called and asked if I'd like to meet for a late din-din. I said sure. Drove up to the local hobby store to see if there were any new interesting role-playing supplements. Picked up a couple and headed home. R. arrived an hour later and we dined at Romano's. (It had been a while.)

Productive and restful day? Yeah.


*Hrrr. Blogger's been acting up all day and night. Getting lots of 'The page cannot be displayed' screens.

2 Comments:

  • Hey, that sounds like a fun day. Especially all that eating-out..

    By Blogger Book Lady: Linda Jo Martin, at 1:02 AM  

  • Joel, I'm not sure how you ended up stumbling onto my blog, and normally I'd be all paranoid. But I'm attempting to change things. I appreciated you comment, and I hope someday I can look back on all of it and laugh until my intercostals ache.

    By Blogger Fox, at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?