Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

WWW

Words
Nada except these blog entries. Grrr. That's going to change. I'm off this Friday and next Monday. May also have all day Saturday; R. has to catch up on some work.

Still reading Dragon Weather by Lawrence Watt-Evans. Should be done by week's end.

Reading sections of the Eberron Campaign Setting. Debating if I want to review it.



Weights
The step instructor slammed us through her step program last night. She's taught it for the past three weeks. I had no problem executing the moves but had to stop several times. Apparently my diet's leaving me with less energy than usual. But I was able to actually perform the plank this time!

I'm debating if I want to start weight-training tonight or even this week. Coupled with weight-training is if to return to consuming protein shakes and using supplements again.

Clothes continue to stay loose. Oh! Here's the formula R. uses on patients to provide a rough estimate for ideal body weight:

For men*:
105 pounds for the first five feet; 6 pounds per inch after five feet. Add/subtract 10% of the total for larger/smaller body frame. R. then adds ten pounds to the total for American patients.

Since I'm six feet tall with a large body frame, my ideal weight is around 205. Hmmm. I currently weigh 206. Not too shabby. My goal is to try to drop it to 200 pounds but at 10% body fat. (My current percentage is around 15%.)


*DON'T use this formula for women. It's different. I do have the formula if anyone is interested.


Whatever
R.'s been having a rough month. We're at the "time for another job?" point. My current opinion: only start to look seriously if this point last more than three months.

Our 11th "first meeting" anniversary is tomorrow. What will I get? What will I do? Ah! Cards and flowers: R. loves flowers. And a massage. I'll give a foot massage. Better get coffee ready. R. loves foot massages (and back massages and....)

Haven't done any more cleanup of the house since I started work again. I'll have to schedule time.
Sigh. Who'd think it'd be so easy to clutter up a 3000+ square foot home in seven years? Course, there are the 8000 plus books. I blame it mainly on R.: I'm not (much) of a packrat. Well, okay. Maybe the hundreds of role-playing supplements are a bit much. And my piles of comic books. And the stacks of fitness mags (one stack is nearly six feet in height.)
Hmmm. There was a reason I ordered the extra recycle bin.

R. will be off next Monday as well. We haven't finalized our plans yet. Only things definite are to see the new Spiderman movie and to eat out. Oh, and watch DVDs, of course. Haven't been invited to any holiday parties/events at the moment. If we are, we'll have to decide if we'll attend. R.'s really enjoying the alone time together of late. Personally, I think it's a side-effect of seeing so many nasty patients five days a week (and let's not add on-call time.)
Hmmm. It's been a while since we've visited the Huntington Library up in San Marino. Maybe we'll trek over there either Sunday or Monday.

5 Comments:

  • Hello, thanks for visiting my blogg. Good luck with the weight training, and being at the right weight is always good. :-)

    Peace

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:35 AM  

  • Can you post the formula for women?

    Regarding Eberron...why not try for the open call?

    By Blogger Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell, at 10:00 AM  

  • Hi Joel:

    That puts my ideal weight according to your instructor at 206 as well. Interesting. I usually go by bodyfat, which tells me I'm not in a good place right now, as I've neglected both my nutrition and lifting since mid December. Only been getting back on track this lack week after moving into a new home...

    Small question: I appreciate your link in the blog roll, but could you make the small correction of changing Bucknell to Buckell? I'm trying to stop that alternate spelling from spreading, as a lot of people do it (I blame Bucknell University)...

    Thanks a bunch!!!

    -Tobias S. Buckell

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 AM  

  • RE: Tobias' comments.
    Glad to be of help. And thanks for the correction. Oops!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:27 AM  

  • No problem! Thanks for the correction, really appreciated! -tb

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?