Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

***Monday, Tuesday***

Ran errands Monday night. I really have to start looking closely at the foods on this bi-weekly run.

Started a new book: Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey. I tried to continue Dragons of the Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman but it wasn't grabbing me. Ms Carey's book immediately did; the style's quite distinct.

Tuesday my friend CS and I saw the play, Late Nite Catechism*. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! My face hurted so much from laughter. CS said later that he laughed so hard he was concerned that the folks in the row in front of us would turn around. But the packed audience laughed just as loud and heartily as we did.

Some of the highlights:


  • The nun reminding each victim...er...student (audience participant) to call her 'sister'.
  • St. Joseph helping to sell one's house (and what happens when you don't dig him up....)
  • Q & A (e.g. do nuns have hair?)
  • The five signs of the stigmata.
  • Lutherans in the audience (i.e., "What? Do you all come in a bus or something?")
  • "Gangs" of nuns. Never be caught in a dark alley with a Sister of Merci. (Talk about a misnomer!)


I had already bought tickets for Late Night Catechism II for CS and myself for next week. Looks like another fun romp.

Overall, a wonderful evening. However, I woke up this morning with a crimp in my neck. Wonder if it was caused by so much laughing.


*And, no, you don't have to be Catholic to see the play.


1 Comments:

  • Sounds as though you had a wonderful time. Did she smack anyone with her ruler?

    By Blogger Greg, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?