Words, Weights, Whatever

Monday, December 20, 2004

***Car: Conclusion***


Dealership: Hello. Joel?

Joel: Yeah, it's me. Hi, salesmanager.

Dealership: Great. I'm returning your call.

Joel: Thanks. Wanted to let you know we're on our way there to look at the car. I have some questions on warranties. Did you find the silver one on the lot ?

Dealership: Well, I wanted to let you know that while it's in our computer system and on our website, it's not on what we call "on ground." That is, it's not in the lot. It's in the factory. We'll be getting it soon, though. And it'll have zero miles on it.

Joel: Oh. When do you expect it to arrive?

Dealership: Between the 25th and the 29th. Why don't you come down and we'll get the paper work out of the way.

Joel: Uh, I wanted to inspect the car before it arrives. You know, to make sure nothing happened in transition.

Dealership: Oh. Well, shall I call you when it arrives?

Joel: Uh, yeah. Thanks, salesmanager.


*Later*
(E-mail to dealership):

Hi, Dealership,
I have made other vehicle arrangements and wanted to let you know I will not be purchasing the new car for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Joel

2 Comments:

  • What?! Holy G6, Batman. I can't believe you're having to deal with them. Well, my fingers are crossed that it will be all over soon.

    By Blogger Greg, at 4:39 PM  

  • Ah, the joys of car shopping ... I hate it and pity anyone having to go through the whole strange, frustrating process. Why do they make it so hard to buy something? I mean, you wanted to give them money, but they have to put all this crap in the way. It's amazing any cars get sold at all.

    By Blogger SBB, at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?