Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

***Get into the routine, baby, you've gotta move, baby, to make time for me...***

Words
Finished Temple of the Muses last night. Whew! One book down, thousands to go.

Weights
Except for a persistent cough (more attributed to my asthma), I feel I'm pretty much over my cold.

Whatever
Last night I joined my friends CS and GAC for our weekly get-together. CS announced that, this Thursday, he's being honored at a dinner for his eight years of steady volunteering at The Center. Yeah! Finally. I've never met anyone so consistent and so prompt.

After his announcement, we chatted about books, movies, and other news in our lives (which included gossip. Yes, we can be vicious queens at time.) Somehow the subject came up about festivals and Halloween.

"When's the last time y'all wore a costume?" I asked.

"Back in college," GAC replied.

CS disagreed and both men bantered back and forth, trying to figure out when they had last worn costumes.

I sat silently in my chair. It had been a while since I had attended any Halloween festivities or anything new for that matter. Over the fast three to four years, R. and I had established our routine events: festivals, Festival of Books, Renaissance Fair, and Comic Con. Even our trips to San Diego had a certain familiar rhythm.

We're not locked into these events. We go to enjoy them (which we better, since some can cost hundreds of dollars to participate.) But what about new events? New venues?

I'm lucky that R. likes to try new things and, over the years, we have introduced to each other (in no particular order): Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Pokemon, anime, manga, comic books, DVDs, mystery and fantasy books. And don't get me started about the number of new restaurants we've tried. All were absent in our lives before we met each other nearly twelve years ago.

I know we're not stagnating in our relationship. Remodeling the house constantly feeds both of us with new ideas. But as GAC and CS wrapped up their discussion, I could not help but think it was time to introduce something new between R. and myself.

Pets? Nah. Twinks? Yeah, right. Vacation to Disneyworld? Hmmm....


(Image found on the Internet and all rights belong to its owner.)

2 Comments:

  • routine and new adventures... it's all a balance. vacations on the hand doesn't require balance. if only every day was a vacation. in Disneyworld no less.

    By Blogger Joe, at 6:36 AM  

  • RE the pic:
    Hmmm, Kilts or Gaelic? One might energize your exercise (the kilt would be draughty so you would need to move more).The other might be useful for dealing with problem people (learning @*%$ off in Gaelic - would dazzle them and insult them all at once).

    Hey, whats with all the Pussy pics? Are you changing your petual orientation? :)

    By Blogger Leon, at 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?