Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, July 07, 2005

***I got meme’d!***

Here’s my response from the meme from A Life:

1. How many books do you own?
At last count, over 8,000 hardbacks alone. Personally, I think we’ve reached 10,000. Problably only 2,000 paper/trade.

Don’t looked shock. Remember that I have a book business.


2. Last book read?
The House is not a Home by James Earl Hardy.
Same-gender loving (SGL) from the perspective of an entirely different ethnic group. It was jood.


3. Last book purchased?
Academ's Fury by Jim Butcher.
Love his Dresden files series. Now let’s see how he does fantasy.

4. Name five books that mean a lot to you.

Surprising Myself by Christopher Bram.
I and the main character share the same name. Sex and romance. What’s not to like?

Boys on the Rocks by John Fox.
First book I read that broke the stereotypical mold of being an outsider. Main character’s popular, attractive, athletic who’s just a little…different.

One of the best “realistic” sex scenes that I ever read.

Ringworld by Larry Niven.
Mr. Niven reminds us of that the “science” in science fiction can be equal mind-blowing as magic or wordplay.

Ringworld Engineers by Larry Niven.
The meteorite defense system. Nuff said.


Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.
Still resonates within me to this day.


5. Tag five more people.

Easy:

51313 Harbor Street
God’s Undies
Me, My Muse, and I
No, Dirty Kitty…No!!
SwanShadow

1 Comments:

  • Interesting list of 5 books. I thought you'd have more science fiction; and A Tale of Two Cities is intriguing....

    By Blogger Greg, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?