Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

***Thy name is vanity***

This morn was a turning point in my life. I used…Rogaine™.

GASP

Am I suffering mid-life crisis? Did my community’s so-called pre-occupation with “youth and beauty” finally invade my mind? Or did I discover that my spouse is cheating on me with a younger man?

Uh, none of the above.

My Dad’s heroically balding. Many men (and some women) I know are either fully bald or balding. I’ve never felt a repulsion like many folks seem to feel towards the loss of hair (or too much hair but that’s another topic). In retrospect, I’ve actually had to learn that obese people are disgusting; wearing the wrong clothes are objectionable; and if you have a flat chest (or ass), well forget a date tonight.

Unfortunately for those nay-sayers, I learned all this when I choose what I consider is attractive or not. I find none of the above examples repulsive in the least. (Well, maybe the clothes part. Wearing a thong when you weigh over 300 pounds and are less than 5” tall is so not right.)

So what does this have to do with Rogaine?

Why not?*


*Yes, this is deliberately ambiguous. Like my mood.

1 Comments:

  • Why not indeed. Just as long as you don't do like "J" did and presume it will turn you into a twenty yearold. :)

    By Blogger Leon, at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?