Words, Weights, Whatever

Monday, July 25, 2005

***Snippets after the Shock (of job loss)***

Last Monday’s news left me intensely curious when I returned to work the following day. My co-workers gave me the low down then left me alone to process the sudden shift.

I didn’t really feel much concern for the issue, though, even on Monday. I’ve been through such cuts (though not this rapid!) in the past. Besides, more pressing matters emerged.

I can’t go into detail since it involves family which, unless I have specific permission, rarely discuss in my posts. But I can say I received that piece of news on Monday as well and it threw all emotions about my job out the window. That’s one of those mixed blessing thingies about being an adult: you have too much perspective over which disaster is truly the worse.

The Spouse and I dealt with the family crisis from Tuesday through Friday. Saturday I joined my own family. My parents were visiting and I hadn’t seen my sib’s family for a while. I found it an enjoyable time though I wished they’d lower their A/C. It’s uncharacteristically humid right now in SoCal.

I attempted to do some writing last week and over the weekend but no go. So I did the next best thing and worked on the outline. The Muse was generous and I figured out the major motivations of the characters and several directions to take certain plot and sub-plot lines. But overall, I felt gloomy last week and the weekend. I know I finally had it when I started to vent at The Spouse’s usually little idiosyncrasies. But the spat grew into nothing and peace was restored.

I will make this week much better.

5 Comments:

  • It's a cliche', but I have always found it to be true:

    "One door closes, another one opens!"

    Cheers,
    Mr. H.K.
    Postcards from Hell's
    Kitchen

    And I Quote Blog

    By Blogger Todd HellsKitchen, at 10:00 AM  

  • Yeah those disasters never come by themselves and never play fair. Adulthood gives us perspective - whether we want it or not. Hope you are getting some rest during this.

    By Blogger Leon, at 2:20 AM  

  • Things will work out. Always remember that.

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:51 AM  

  • this moment will pass. hope the muse stays around. that always help. hugs to you from Canada!

    By Blogger Joe, at 6:14 PM  

  • Thinking and praying for ya, dude.

    By Blogger SBB, at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?