Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, July 08, 2005

***Thursday Talk Time (cont.)***

The title of this post refers to yesterday’s events.

“Nature abhors a vacuum.”

That saying definitely applied to Thursday. There I was, relaxing in bed, thinking about my story, when I get the first call from family. Then another call from another family member. Then a third…

By the time I left the house, I had fielded six calls. While most didn’t last long (“Hi. How are you doing?” “I’m sick.” “Oh, I’m sorry. Get some rest and I’ll call you later.”), two cut into my writing time significantly. Course that was when the Muse decided to leave (see prior posts).

I remember thinking on Wednesday ho w quiet the news had been of late. With the exception of the missing girl in Aruba and that child-molester who had been caught, there had been little media hyping since the Michael Jackson (second) trial. (By the by, what was the outcome? That’s how much attention I had put on it.)

Thus, Nature had to stick her claw in. Specifically, her black wings over London.

Lovely. Reaffirms my belief that the universe is a hostile place and we humans have only each other to rely on. Well, if the latter’s the case, we’re doomed. We'd better do better in our next lives.

(to be continued)

1 Comments:

  • Not Guilty. Mostly because the kid's mom came off like a gold-digging nut job, and the kid did not come off as sympathetic.

    By Blogger TK, at 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?