Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, April 06, 2006

When do I feel like a grownup?

I'm thinking too much. I need to just enjoy my life.

A...remnant...of my youth is looking to others to vouch that I'm at the right place in my life. Thus, I've never had to worry--much--if I felt I was in the right place.

But I don't have that option anymore. I have gone in different directions than my peers who, too, have gone in different directions. With the exception of college (we've all went), none of us are in a "traditional" place in our lives.

I'm a husband. A homeowner. A partner in a book business. I'm starting a new career in the auto industry while free-lancing in said industry. An uncle. A son. I know where I am but not where I want to go.

Time for a cheeseburger.

2 Comments:

  • I know where I am but not where I want to go. --- This is an outcome of accepting change. Is change contagious and spreadable among bloggers? :)

    By Blogger Leon, at 2:16 AM  

  • If you discover the answer to your opening question, Joel, please let me know what it is.

    On the other hand, maybe not. I just might be happier like this.

    Which brings to mind an old bit of doggerel I repeat to myself often:

    See the happy moron?
    He doesn't give a damn.
    I wish I was a moron.
    Dear God... perhaps I am.


    Or to put it another way... When ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise. ;)

    By Blogger SwanShadow, at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?