Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Let me tell you about my happiness

No, I'm not talking about my sex life (right now).

I originally planned to write daily. You'd think that would be easy, right? I blog daily, posting up to 20 or more entries every day. But as y'all know, one can burn out when engaged in an activity too long. That not only happened to me but I've been fighting a cold for the past week. I'm amazed I wrote the prior entry at all; I must have been riding a major caffeine high or something.

But I want to blog in Words, Weights, Whatever. I wonder if it's because I want to share my happiness. Most folks only blog when they're in dire straits or bored out of their gourd. I know I've done both. But my motivation is different this time.

I attribute this feeling of happiness to my current job. I'm doing what I enjoy--writing--and getting paid a good amount of money for it. I like the fact that my place of employment is only ten minutes from home. I like my colleagues, which makes a big difference for those of you in the know. Finally, I like the current job stability.

The latter's an interesting development and one I attribute to my older years. Before, I didn't worry about flitting from one job to the next. But as the decent jobs became more scarce and, worse, the personalities of my fellow employees worsened, I longed to find a place where I could just settle so I didn't have to expend so much energies in diplomacy and mental stress. I know it's not a loss of patience per se, but less tolerance of people's stupidities.

Thus my current euphoria at my job. I know, intellectually, it won't last. Life doesn't work that way. But I'm going to milk every joyful minute of it until then.

7 Comments:

  • Glad life is going well for you!

    By Blogger SBB, at 8:55 PM  

  • Life always seems much better when you doing something you enjoy. Good for you!

    By Blogger Greg, at 9:19 AM  

  • It's great you are enjoying it--why shouldn't it last, at least for awhile? :-)

    By Blogger TK, at 10:36 AM  

  • Blogging isn't all about the b's (bitching and boring). Bring on the good news.

    Getting along with coworkers is sooo important. I have had good jobs become unbearable because of 'sour' staff. I have survived bad jobs with the help of good coworkers.

    By Blogger Leon, at 5:55 PM  

  • Thanks, everyone. Trust me; I don't plan to "b&b" constantly in this blog. Was in a mood, you know?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:53 PM  

  • i wish i could blog for a living... hateyou ;)

    By Blogger No Milk Please, at 3:17 PM  

  • no milk,

    Pleeze. You have the fab sex life :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?