Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

So far....

Today:

Personal:
Here are some cool articles:

E-paper may offer video images
19:00 24 September 03
NewScientist.com news service

A dramatically simple idea may finally make "electronic paper" displays a realistic prospect. If so, animated versions of a newspaper could, one day, be unfurled like a roller-blind on a flexible wireless display.

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99994202


Better nurse training means fewer deaths
By Steve Mitchell
Medical Correspondent
Published 9/23/2003 5:32 PM
View printer-friendly version

WASHINGTON, Sept. 23 (UPI) -- The ongoing nursing shortage in the United States has forced some hospitals to rely on nurses with less than a college education as they scramble to fill vacancies but new research suggests the practice can yield deadly consequences for patients.

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030923-050052-9024r


Spouse:
Half-day today for R. Will be interesting to see if leave early to come home or just work and leave office at regular time.


Employee:
Bit irritated. One of my co-workers feels peezed at the food one of my co-workers brought in. Normally this wouldn't bother me except she thinks I brought the food in. Reason? Donuts (see below).

I've been aware for some time that several co-workers don't like the fact that I've brought donuts to work and have been hinting for me to stop it. Grrr. For office politics, I'm having to seriously consider it since I work with a lot of these folks. I personally believe in self-control but there are other...views...about the issue.


Yesterday:

Fitness:
Made it to cardio class with plenty of time. One of the regulars just finished chemo for breast cancer. First case was seven years ago; the latest case is a new form and more aggressive. Yikes! I wish her the best.


Friends:
Visited G. and C. at The Center Orange County. Had a blast talking about books. While driving home, I realized I was content for the first time in a while. I have everything I want: love (from a wonderful spouse); housing; clothing; plenty of food; and enough cash that--if I seriously wanted something--I can purchase it.


Son:
Spoke with parents while visiting friends (see Friends). Overall, they're doing fine though Dad says he's sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?