Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Yikes! I'm behind....

Spouse:
R.'s back home. At least got two hours of sleep while on-call on Monday. Yeah!

Rough on-call and an even rougher day. Last patient apparently was a joy: clinic's running late (because patients show up half hour to an hour late of their appointment and expect to be seen IMMEDIATELY); computer system is down; HMO won't cover patient's treatment and patient mis-interprets that to mean the DOCTOR won't perform the treatment (the doctor will, of course, but who pays the bill?) etc.

If being a physician's a calling, you'd have to be a saint or a masochist to remain in the profession. And I love the most persistent complaint: "Doctor, I feel stressed." And patient's occupation? Admin. Huh. Trying dealing with threats of lawsuits, non-compliance, terminally ill patients, and grossly obese folks WHO DON'T bathe, etc., on a daily basis (and let's not even go into being on-call, dealing with hostile nurses and other physician, etc.) and we'll talk about being stressed.

Sorry about the rant. I just live with a physician....


Employee:
New draft of handbook to manager and co-worker. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Haven't heard back from that other company. I'm not expecting too. The first call was a surprise anyway.


Fitness:
Didn't work out in the afternoon as originally planned. Grabbed a lunch instead. Was able to do chest, some tricep, and cardio in the evening session. Man! Have to increase the weights used during weight-training: I've been "babying" myself. I hope I feel sore in the next couple of days. Otherwise, weights will DRAMATICALLY increased next week.

Got to get diet back in order. The cookies didn't help afterwards....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?