Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, November 21, 2003

Know your limits

Weights

As part of yesterday's cardio class, the instructor had us do stretches. One form had us standing on each foot for several minutes at a time while stretching the other leg in various motions.

I could not perform many of those moves. I began to feel frustrated. I blamed myself: I've felt for many a year now to be quite advanced in this class. I know moves several instructors didn't know!

I then reminded myself stop being so stupid. The instructor teaches dances as well which was quite obvious. More importantly, it was my workout. I determined the level of activity I wanted to achieve and could achieve.

Health experts state that sustained cardio for 20 minutes three times a day is enough for an average American. My goals are higher than that but I don't want to be a dancer (yet). So during the rest of the workout (i.e., abs, more stretches), I executed them at my rate. My sweat-soaked shirt more than showed that I was working out just as hard as anyone else in the class. That was later proven when I weighed myself in the locker room. I had lost another pound. Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?