Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, February 27, 2004

RIP, my PC and more interesting news

Words
Nada. I'm still trying to figure out a books to start reading for pleasure. When did writing* become some a chore? Definitely changing in the next few days (see below).

Weights
Cardio today. And I figured out three-fourths of the moves. Yeah! However, my weight has stabilized at 206. That, too, like my writing, is going to change.

Whatever
First, thanks for all the well-wishers regarding my mom. She's transferring to a hospital tomorrow and will receive the angioplasty procedure (not operation) sometime that day. They'll then keep her in the hospital for observation for a couple of days before releasing her.

Continuing with the family theme, my preggie sister's due to give birth to her first child in mid-March. She's nervous, of course. And our youngest sister passed her real estate license test. Yeah!

Work was busy. For the first time since working there, I actually had to leave some work undone for Monday. (I took Friday off for ConDor and--importantly--quality time with a very frazzled and tired spouse.)

My desktop computer of five years just died tonight**. Though I think it's the fan again (I replaced the original a couple of years ago), we've been discussing purchasing a replacement for the past couple of years. I've narrowed my choices to two, both generics from Compusa and Microcenter. Unlike the past, I'm not looking for the latest and greatest; this time, I'm more interested in peripherals such as CD-RW and DVD-ROM. I may be coming home some time this weekend with a new machine. Hmmm. Are there any sales out there...?


*I partially believe it's the intent to get published. But that's a thought for another day.

**I'm writing this entry on my laptop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?