Words, Weights, Whatever

Saturday, February 21, 2004

Why?

Whatever
I know at least three dysfunctional relationships where the dissatisfied partner continues to live with their partner. One, a well-off computer programmer, told me their relationship ended years ago and now they're just "friends". Yet he won't date anyone else or bring them home while the "friend" is there. By the by, the friend constantly gives unwanted advice; asks for money (which my friend gives); has total opposite viewpoints to my friend's worldview; can't keep a job (constantly quits); and--at one point--actually got married for legal status purposes (asking my friend, of course, for funds to support the fictional marriage.) My friend swears there's no sex, either.


Another friend has a roommate whom he had 'physical intimacy' with. Read had. Yet all my friend complains about is how clinging the roommate is, at one point even stalking my friend in his own condo! Yikes! Now my friend has a SO across the world that everyone knows about.

In this case, I understand the issue. M.'s scared of dying alone. But is fear that strong that people are willing to shack up with someone totally opposite? Apparently so.


I don't fully understand the last relationship. This friend's relationship started off well but soured after his partner lost a job. Now there are a lot of issues in this one: lack of physical intimacy; communication; finances (my friend pays pretty much for everything in this relationship); etc., which I've listened in detail. I don't understand why they're still living under the same roof. Is it truly money? Companionship? Being in a rut? Cowardice? Manipulation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?