Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Highlights

Because of Comic Con 2004, I haven't posted what's been happenin' in our lives after the vacation. It's mundane, of course. Here are a few of the highlights:

  • Had Friday off.
  • Watched my paychecks eaten by spouse's buying spree. Sigh.
  • R. had to work on the 31st and the 1st.
  • Major brake job on my car.
  • Rented one of those hybrid cars while my car was in the shop.
  • Still haven't returned to the gym.
  • Sister's in-laws are visiting them.
  • Finished at least three books. (See Way.)
  • Been participating in Tribe.net. I blame it on G.
  • Got in touch with my ex and one of my long-time friends.
  • Two of my friends had life-altering events (and it's not my place to discuss them.)
  • My ex seems to be doing well.
  • The weather down here in SoCal is finally cooling down.
  • Developed the Comic Con pics.
  • Food shopped. Ugh.
  • Too many interesting progs on digital cable. Ugh.

9 Comments:

  • Don't start turning into a couch potato now that you have HDTV!!! And thanks for the chatting last night. It really helped.

    By Blogger Greg, at 10:08 AM  

  • What did you think of the hybrid? They seems like cool cars, but I don't know anyone who has one.

    By Blogger SBB, at 10:10 AM  

  • Re: HDTV.
    I think it's too late, Greg.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:28 AM  

  • RE: hybrid.
    It was...interesting, Issac. Turning the car on, parking it, and turning it off is considerably different than driving a regular car. Car definitely had power easily equal to a six cylinder (or a jacked up four cylindar), which was one of my concerns.

    It was disconcerting the first time I heard nothing from the car when at a stoplight as the hybrid switched to battery. I got used to it, though. My biggest complaint is the car's body: as a hatchback, I noted the rear view was considerably less than I'm used to. Also, there are a fair number of blind spots which makes me more paranoid when driving. Overall, it was a good experience.

    By the by, we may be purchasing a hybrid SUV by year's end.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:32 AM  

  • How are those hybrid cars? I heard the Prius is quite fast for a hybrid. I haven't tried Tribe.net, but I was coaxed too by a friend. I'm quite happy with Friendster. You called an ex too? It was the wrong move for me. Now I can't get rid of him out of my head! I'm glad you enjoyed San Diego. Would love to go there one day.

    By Blogger GrooveTheory, at 12:01 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger GrooveTheory, at 12:01 PM  

  • i joined tribe too! i hate friendster, it is so effin slow.

    i want a hybrid car in the future. when they are cheaper and more plentiful. maybe somebody will buy me one...

    By Blogger No Milk Please, at 6:58 AM  

  • Re: hybrids.
    Read recently that Toyota's making a profit from the cars and planning to release more. I think within the next decade there will be more such cars out there. With such an established market, the car manufacturers will make more and drive the prices down.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:43 AM  

  • RE: Comic Con and hybrids.
    The PvP crew was at comic con. Their stuffed looked interesting (e.g., City of Heroes, etc.) but I don't play video games.

    I believe Ford has/will be releasing a truck or SUV this year. Toyota's Lexus division is definitely releasing an SUV at year's end. We have a hold on one of them.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?