Words, Weights, Whatever

Monday, September 13, 2004

Weekend Words

Saturday we had to wake early (before 1000) for the carpenter who'll be redoing our kitchen cabinetry. Uh-oh. He's a general contractor which means he can redo the kitchen lights; the downstairs bathroom; patch up the stucco; replace the upstairs bathroom tubs (including the jet spa in the master bathroom); etc. R. was like a kid told they can have anything they wanted in the toy store. I, on the other hand, am thinking how quick our equity line of credit was shrinking.

Theme of redoing the house continued throughout the day. At lunch (Thai food, of course), we discussed more house changes like the dining room windows. Later in the day we returned to Expo to look at wall coverings (i.e., tile, curtains, etc.) We did take a short detour to look at some software. I'll be having to researching some multi-functional copiers (MFC) for my office. R. also bought--finally!--art folios to hold the anime cells. Needless to say, we need way more. (I'll discuss the auctions on Yahoo! Japan another time.)

Evening was spent at our favorite japanese restaurant. Hmmm. It may be closing.


Updated Way of the Writer and Forging the Physique.


I originally planned to wake early Sunday morn to work out but didn't. We ate an early lunch then headed out to the Bustamante bookfair where we met old friends and dealers. Dined in Old Town Pasadena and walked off the filling meal at Vroman's. Excited the rest of the evening by watching Naruto. What an incredible series!


Image found on the Internet and all rights belong to its owner.

3 Comments:

  • I know you're going through Home Improvement Hell right now, but you'll be so much happier once it's complete! Also, better to fix it now than later when it could cause even more damage -- more EXPENSIVE damage.

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:50 AM  

  • Gosh I'm jealous! I've been promised a new kitchen for YEARS. Also a new front yard and driveway. YEARS I tell you! My front lawn has been a dirt pit for weeks now. Something always takes precedence. Kids, in-laws, finances. ::sigh:: One day, I'm just going to throw my hands in the air and say..."Screw it!" I think that's a veiled threat. I haven't decided yet. But I do know this; sometimes being a "homeowner" just isn't all that great.

    By Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar, at 12:05 PM  

  • Home improvement is a nerve wrecking experience. Good luck!

    By Blogger SBB, at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?