Words, Weights, Whatever

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Daze in my Life

Something a little different from Random of the Day or Beyond the Blog....


A while back I posted the concept of "Why is it here" where I discuss each link on my sidebar and why it's on my blog. I received good feedback on the idea so, without further adieu, here's the first batch from Blogs I read:

51313 Harbor Street
This is the second time I added this blog to my Blogs I read. I discovered the first version over at Forward Motion. I liked the blogger's (near) daily entries about his life and the comments of the regulars (whose names escape me at this time.)

Then...certain events...occured in the blogger's life and the site contents changed. Nothing wrong with that but I didn't find the new material interesting. So I dropped the blog. Then, some time in July, I chanced upon this...intense...entry.

I made my comments. The blogger replied. The contents changed, a mix of interests (photos, poems, quotes, etc.) and the personal. (Not from my doing, mind you.) I became interested again and linked the heavily revamped second version blog as one of my regular reads.

Abyss
A recent edition. A friend and fellow blogger told me about this blog and I had meant to look at it a while. I then discovered she was on Tribe.net and sent her an invite to join my Friends. Never heard from her so I assumed she wasn't interested. She finally contacted me (which is a funny story involving my blog, my friend's blog, and "stalking") during some...probs...over at our Tribe. She asked if I'd be her Friend; we then discovered she never had received my invite. She was horrified but I reassured her that I was definitely interested (especially after reading the now infamous "V" post on her blog.)

AlanMacey.com
I discovered Alan's blog, like many here, on Forward Motion. It's gone through at least two incarnations. I like this blog because of shared interest: not only does Alan write, but he works out, and posts interesting opinions (which nearly match my own. Birds of a feather....)

angelheaded hipster
Having only added this blog in the past couple of months, it's still fairly new. I "met" the blogger over at Tribe. We communicated via e-mail for a while before I finally added his blog to my links during a recent template change. His blog's interesting because he seemingly incorporates two blogs (SIDEBLOG and the sweetest tongue) into one.

Answer me this...
Many of the blogs I read regularly come from two major sources: Forward Motion and Tribe. Answer me this is from latter. I created a link to it because the blogger posts what is happening in his life on a daily basis: it's very "diary" (with dialogue!) which are always interesting reads.

I also think the blogger's cute. Who says men aren't superficial?



I don't know if I'll continue with this type of post. Opinions?

5 Comments:

  • I will have to revisit 51313 again. Interacting with LJ in our guestbooks and via email has allowed me to ease up around Christians. My 'Blogging For Luke' posts take me to a site with a heavy Christian presence in the comments. It doesn't matter to me like it once did. "We are one."

    In a way I owe you a credit for my 'Good Reads' post. Our dialogue about what to post helped me formulate ideas. I plan to write a sequel about blogs that I have read for a long time.

    Even if you don't cover all of them I suggest you keep at this. It is a good writing exercise for you and it draws readers to blogs that they might really enjoy.

    By Blogger Leon, at 3:07 AM  

  • Thanks for the input, Leon.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:38 AM  

  • I'm pleased that 51313 Harbor Street made your daily list. I've enjoyed getting to know you through your emails and comments and your three (3!) blogs. You have enriched my life in ways you probably don't realize. Just want to say that I appreciate ya!

    By Blogger SBB, at 6:14 PM  

  • My opinion is that I also think the Answer Me This blogger is cute. :-)

    By Blogger Tuna Girl, at 8:58 PM  

  • I'm STILL mortified for the mixup...but supremely honored to be your friend. I'm glad we finally got "online". :o)

    By Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar, at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?