Words, Weights, Whatever

Saturday, September 11, 2004

For your reading dizpleasure...four daze!


Little behind here. But first, a moment of silence for the victims of 9-11 and those who continue to pay in its aftermath.


Tuesday
Roasting.
That's how I felt on the last day of my assignment. I immediately noted the much hotter temperature as I went through the secured door into the department's section of the building. And it worsened as the day progressed and more people milled about. I'd periodically leave my cubicle and stand in the public counter which was considerably cooler. Relief didn't arrive until much later in the afternoon.

R. was on-call this evening. I joined my friends CS and GAC around 2100 and we discussed the book, East of Eden, as planned. Wonderful session. See Way for details and here as well.


Wednesday
I ran errands throughout the day. Normally I enjoy driving about from restaurant (of course) to picking up my comic books (which were delayed due to the holiday). This time, though, the heat and, worse, the increased humidity made it dreadful to leave the air-conditioned interior of my car.

R. had a fairly good on-call evening and met me around 1600. We surfed the Internet until contractors arrived. We've decided to see how much it would cost to upgrade the house staircase. After they left, we watched anime.


Thursday
I wrote! Yeah! And virtually everyone at the coffeeshop wanted to know where I had been and what was the status of my novel. Yikes! I feel grateful and mortified.

Great post on the state of science fiction over at Way by author Crawford Kilian.

The rest of the day was similar to Wednesday except I slept in.


Friday

"When you eat, eat. When you sleep, sleep."

The above Zen phrase came in handy as I cleaned around the house for four hours straight. I kept repeating it as the thoughts of how little impact I was making to the piles continually surfaced. We have so many piles! Around 1400 I stopped for the rest of the afternoon. I started several new books and read at least a chapter in each of them before heading out to write.


And now for a special treat:

From Comic Con 2004 and taken by yours truly!

Dark Phoenix

Image was taken by me and all rights
(well, except the character concept and all that jazz but the pics...!)
belong to me.

3 Comments:

  • Supposedly, the temp is supposed to drop in a few days (finally!). It's times like these I wish I still had a swimming pool. Or a Slip 'N Slide. Or air conditioning.

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:20 AM  

  • I love that photo. In fact, I think I might have dated Dark Phoenix ... :)

    By Blogger SBB, at 10:03 PM  

  • Well, TECH, another thing to write for your 100 About Me's ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?