Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, April 28, 2005

***Voted off***



Weights
I can't believe how sore I am from Tuesday's workout. But I'm getting a chest again. Yeah!

Whatever
I'm on Blogrolling. Yesterday, after posting in my blog, I updated (pinged) Words, Weights, Whatever, on the service and checked to see if the update was showing up on other blogs linked to WWW. To do so, I clicked on one of the blogs I regularly read.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered I was no longer on that blog's Blogrolling list. This can't be, I thought as I did a Search on the site. But unfortunately it was true: I had been removed from that blogger's reads.

I experienced a gamut of emotions as I returned to WWW, primarily sadness. What had I done to piss them off enough to remove me? Or, worse, I thought, had I become too boring for them to read. Regardless of the reason, I had to quickly steel myself for my next action: removing their blog from my Blogrolling list.

A few weeks ago I decided to start cleaning up my To Read blogs. My primary criteria was only to list those sites who had a link to my own blog. I made a few exceptions (i.e., Weasels in my Shorts) but that's usually because the blogger has multiple blogs. Other reasons for including/excluding a blog are the very popular updates or, more specifically, the bloggers were not updating their websites on a fairly regular basis.

This blogger's site had been a regular read of mine since last year. I always enjoyed their posts and had noted, from comments left and other means, they visited my own blog and (hopefully) enjoyed my entries as well. But it's obvious they've decided to remove WWW from their reads and I have to respect their decision: I've made similar actions to other blogs in the past myself.

Yes, I could make another exception and keep this blogger's website on my blogroll. There are no obligation, no ties, for either of us to keep each other's site on our own blog. But I made my decision for a reason and don't see any need to change it. At the very least it will help me focus more on those bloggers who are interested in WWW to keep it as one of their links.

But parting, as the cliche' goes, is such sweet sorrow....


(Image found on the Internet and all rights belong to its owner.)

4 Comments:

  • Whew! My blog is still on your roll. :)

    By Blogger SBB, at 6:25 PM  

  • The nerve of that person. :( Just for that I'm going to blogroll you right now to my blog list. :) Keep posting, I just found your blog and enjoy it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:54 AM  

  • You're not obligated to add everyone who reads your blog to your blogroll. I know that I'm not listed on quite a few blogs that I frequently read.

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:35 AM  

  • I always think of blogrolls/links as my link to interesting stuff. Just because I find something interesting doesn't mean it has to be reciprocal. I can understand why you would be surprised and wondering. Whether it was 'right' to cut them out of your blogroll is your decision. - of course old devious me might quit advertizing for them but keep reading via a browser bookmark.:)

    By Blogger Leon, at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?