Words, Weights, Whatever

Monday, September 04, 2006

Four years ago

Happy Labor Day!

Wow. I just realized that I started "Words, Weights, Whatever" over four years ago.

I didn't start it under that name. I believe I called it "Word and Weights" to reflect my interests in those subjects. I later added "Whatever" to cover all my other interests and thoughts.

Glancing through those posts, it's amazing how much, and how little, I've changed. I could go on and discuss those differences, but I'd rather push ahead. I like to quietly reflect on the past, not wallow in it.

Have you ever taken a long roadtrip through the countryside? The scenery seems to be the same for the longest time until you approach your destination. Then your realize that it's been changing all along: more houses, signs, vehicles. That's how I'm feeling at the moment. I thought I had been on cruise control for the past few months but realize that my path was inexorably changing as I approached this period in my life:

  • I have another full-time, permanent job since I left Village Edocs. (My "perm" job at Interpore Cross lasted too briefly for me to even begin benefits.)

  • My writing for Autoblog and Autoblog Green is coming to an end. I can't say I will fully miss them. While I enjoyed writing for them, I realized for some time posting for them daily stole any evening and many weekend days and nights, time I could have devoted to working on my novels.

  • I finally am willing to admit to myself that I'm a nerd. I'm re-acquainting myself with comic-books, anime/manga, and role-playing games. Don't be surprise if you'll be seeing more on such topics on my blog in the future.

  • I'll definitely be writing more about writing and fitness again. Not only am I interested in both, but they're in the bloody title of my blog!

  • R.'s job situ is stabilizing so we're hoping to jumpstart The Book Pile, Inc., and remodeling of our house.
While there's more (including this blog), the above are the "biggie" changes at the moment.

5 Comments:

  • Congrats on the blogiversary!

    By Blogger SBB, at 7:08 PM  

  • Thanks! I hope to continue in the future.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:22 PM  

  • Happy Blogiversary. Sticking it out for four years is an accomplishment.

    By Blogger Leon, at 11:02 PM  

  • Happy fourth, Joel. We're just happy you're finally writing about something! :)

    By Blogger SwanShadow, at 10:55 PM  

  • Thanks, leon and swanshadow. I'm enjoying it.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?