Words, Weights, Whatever

Monday, September 04, 2006

Several days in the life of....

I had a half-day last Friday due to the holiday season. I met with some an ex-colleague, T., and her remaining colleagues over here at A.com. She had secured future employment since she was let go a few weeks ago. We had a good time, chatting on a variety of subjects from why she was let go to teaching dogs to herd "cattle" to "womanly enhancements". The latter was my--and my hands--fault.

After picking up my comic books, I made an impulsive decision to visit the hobby store. Unfortunately, I tried using the 405 and 55 as shortcuts instead of going north on Jamboree to then jump on the 55 to the 91 to the 57. What should have taken within 30 minutes turned out to be a near two hour nightmare of side-roads. The trip wasn't worth it, either, though I secure a good (not great), rpg supplement for D&D 3.5. I spent the rest of the evening at the coffeeshop since R. was on-call.

Saturday I took a solo trip to San Diego. Note to self: never hit the southbound 405 and 5 freeways after twelve o'clock. While I don't mind traffic much, my right leg ached from the stop-and-go traffic. Worse, I had to rush my bookshopping at Mysterious Galaxy. I did secure, however, a signed copy of Hunters of Dune, the direct sequel to Frank Herbert's masterpiece. I know what I'll be reading the next week.

My visit to our regular haunt, Hillcrest, was bittersweet. Two of our favorite spots, Bountiful Books and David's Coffeeshop, are either gone or on sale. The former was priced out of business while the latter owners wanted to retire.

R. arrived home late Saturday night. Sunday we ate a wonderful brunch at an Indian restaurant which we proceeded to walk off the meal (hah!) over in Huntington Beach. We bought a lot of DVDs which we spent the evening watching and enjoying, something we haven't done in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?