Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thirteen Hundred

Don't you hate it when technology fails you and you don't know why?

That just happened to me. Here I am, doing my work, copying and pasting some text from a Microsoft Word document to Notepad. Why? Let's just say Microsoft likes to hide code which doesn't like non-Microsoft products (and even some other MS products).

Anyway, I select Ctrl and V keys to paste the selected text. What do I see? Well, I see text but it's the wrong one. What the frak? I think. Instead, I see the text from the prior copy/paste job.

A bit of explanation. MS Word apparently has a feature that records a certain number of copy/paste jobs in the Paste functionality. Normally it defaults to the most recent copy when pasting text. However, one can open this job list to paste in earlier material. I never use the feature, since I copy/paste what I want to paste the first time.

Anyway, I try again, copying the right text, then paste again. Still old stuff. Argh! This time I cut the material from the Word document, confident I could restore it using the Undo feature. Nope. Argh! (I'm beginning to sound like a pirate, eh?) I undo the Cut, then give up. I've dealt with this admittedly rare issue in the past and know of only one way to stop it. Yup. That's right. Reboot.

Grrr....
--
Carpe Diem (seize the day)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?