Words, Weights, Whatever

Monday, August 30, 2004

Weekend Words


Image found on the Internet and all rights belong to its owner.


Time for a little catch-up:

Saturday
R., due to being on-call, stayed up in the valley to continue paperwork . I woke leisurely and spent some time on-line updating my posts. (Threads at Tribe.net really plummet during the weekends.) Did some reading afterwards and caught up with my comic books. See Way for details. Later in the day I read Wizard. Some really cool titles coming out. (Damn. Now how do I allocate my spending money?)

Lunched out, of course, as my habit when spouse is gone. (We eat out when we're together as well, but that's a couple thingie. You know, quality time and all that jazz?) You know how you can automatically drive while (most of) your mind's on something else? That's what happened to me. I originally had planned to eat elsewhere but suddenly became aware I was at Romano's. I had a great meal (of course) and wonderful service but I need to focus on when I'm driving.

Returned home after picking up the clothes from the drycleaners. Napped, of course. R. and I briefly spoke with each other on the phone before I drove down and ensconced myself at the local coffeeshop. There, I created a new journal and wrote some really...intense...stuff (like 'I'll die of embarrassment/anger before I let anyone read this' kinda junk.)

Did a bit of housework when I got home. R. finally pulled in the garage around 2300. We surfed the Internet until the wee hours of Sunday, then cuddled in bed. Overall, a relaxin' day.


Sunday

After a wonderful, intense, and sweaty session under the sheets (translation: I forgot to lower the A/C last night), I got up, made coffee (which is an interesting story in itself but spouse won't give me permission to post. Damnit) and we crawled to our respective computers for some serious on-line time. I finally, after reading TunaGirl's blog for the first time, updated the blogs I read into two parts: those I read daily and those I read when the mood strikes or Blogrolling says it's been updated. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

R. decide to forgo another working visit to work. After the contractor left, we grabbed a bite to eat at the Spectrum. Walked about to settle our full stomachs, enquired about the Canon A95 at a local camera shop, and browsed Barnes and Nibbles, of course. Basically, quality couple time with each other. (Which includes bumping into each other, quick pinches, and lots and lots of laughter.)

Evening was spent catching up on DVDs and more surf time where R. purchased more anime to (eventually) watch. (Our latest acquisition, Detective Conan, has over 400 episodes alone. Eek!)

7 Comments:

  • Have you even started "East of Eden" yet? hehehe

    By Blogger Greg, at 11:20 PM  

  • Re: East.
    Flame you ;-)
    And, yes, I have. Just didn't read this weekend. Continued Misadventures. Will return to East over the week and during the holiday weekend coming up.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:25 PM  

  • Awww.. isn't couple time so much fun?

    Luckily I wasn't there, or else I would've been major jealous...

    By Blogger standaman, at 12:29 AM  

  • Now I have to contact my hacker and cracker friends and get them searching for that private journal! It's out there somewhere with the juicy details of Joel's life ... :)

    You know, I'm having a distressing tendency to enjoy being nosy these days. I can stop ... any time I want to ... but I don't want to!

    By Blogger SBB, at 7:39 AM  

  • The canon looks nice - I bookmarked the review site. I'll have to read more of TunaGirl.

    By Blogger Leon, at 1:00 PM  

  • Re: journal.
    Sorry, TECH, but this one's old fashion pencil and paper ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:37 PM  

  • Man, I hate to break and enter. Not to mention that long plane ride that separates us. Still I've always wanted to see the West Coast. :)

    By Blogger SBB, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?