Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Double days in a dash

Back to a money-paying job today (and the only day this week, heh-heh). Before I dash off, here's an update on my happenings the past couple of days:


Tuesday
Today was the beginning of what I call the beginning of "signing week." Major authors (to me) have descended into SoCal and, since I'm between jobs, have attended the lion's share of them. See details over at Way for the authors and additional posts on the signing, if any. (I'm so far behind!)

So I spent the morn and early afternoon doing some housework and updating Way and Forge. Then drove out to Glendale to attend the first major signing. R. joined me after work. Details to be posted over at Way.


Wednesday
Yesterday's authors are touring and signing near R.'s work. Thus, we gathered the remaining books and packed into the car. I fiddled on-line for a while, waiting impatiently to start down to San Diego to attend my signings. (Details to follow on Way.) I arrived hours early and, after filling myself up on Mickey D's, esconced myself at the nearby coffeeshop to read and write until 1900. While checking my e-mail, I discovered another signing to (possibly) attend.

Around 1830 I packed up and grabbed a fast-food din-din. Easily over thirty folks sat in the bookstore by the time I entered, meal and books in hands. I sat and ate for the presentation and signing to begin. (See future posts on Way of the event.)

Sigh.
I was not in a good mood when I arrived home. Part of it was fatigue; another part was feeling down about my own goals after meeting such successfully people. I opened up my e-mail prog and discovered a request from one of the tribes I belong with at Tribe to "slow down" on my threads.

And this is from the tribe moderator. Yikes!

I've been giving thought for some time now about dropping a few of the tribes that I belong with. This was one of them. After giving some deep thought about the request, I framed a reply and sent it. I followed up with actions shortly afterwards.

Zen time!

4 Comments:

  • I think I won't be in Tribe for a long time. Until I get over it. I'm getting there though.

    By Blogger GrooveTheory, at 6:19 AM  

  • I'm surprised about the Tribe thingie. I thought they'd be glad to have someone participating.

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:17 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:19 AM  

  • hey joel, about meeting successful people.. i know how you feel. sometimes you get bummed out by their success, instead of inspired. but hang in there, cos if your blog is any indication, you're a great read. i've been inspired by your prolificacy! cheers!

    By Blogger Joe, at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?