Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Duh daze diktashuns*


Image found on the Internet and all rights belong to their owners.


Saturday
R. was on-call on Friday up in Northridge. Stayed there the rest of the day and early evening to follow up on some paperwork. Since I was solo, I spent much of the day down in San Diego. The major event was author Wil Wheaton's signing of his latest book, Just A Geek. A review to follow over at Way of the Writer. After it was over, I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening in Hillcrest before returning home.



Sunday
Nesting.
That's the word I use to describe the day and much of the month of August.
We woke late, of course, and didn't set out to eat until after 2PM. We drove up to the floor store to get some figures. We then drove out to Huntington Beach and visited the Expo, Home Depot's pricey design center. Yikes! Didn't believe there were so many different types of wallcovers, lamps, etc. While R. gasped and swooned over the latest tile, I was calculating costs both in time and money. Suddenly the home equity looked inadequate.

Stopped by Barnes and Nobles, of course, where R. picked up a new stack. Ate, then spent the rest of evening at home where we watched anime and surfed the Internet into the whee hours. I added way too many new tribes at Tribe.net.

Monday
No work today. Or, more specifically, no job to go to today. Definitely doesn't mean a day to rest. After R. left for work, I updated and sent a resume to another agency for a possible tech writing job in the local area. Faxed over last week's time card to another agency as well.

Lunched at one of my favorite restaurants. I was pleasantly surprised when the maitre d' greeted me by asking, "how's our favorite customer today?" And the familar server and I exchanged gossip on the latest servers, who's dating whom, and how our lives were going. Tipped very generously.

Picked up last week's comic books and got a haircut. Oh! Paid bills at the local post office across the university. Is it me, or are kids getting younger these days? Drove down to one of the agencies and picked up my paycheck from two weeks ago which I processed with R.'s monthly one at a local bank.

Shouldn't have laid down when I got home. I woke two hours later, groggy. I had planned to work on my works-in-progress but dropped the idea. Instead, I hit the gym and did cardio. (Note to self: Never forget workout clothes after getting home.) While driving home, came up with a new heading for a post: My Mundane Monday.


*Having a little fun here. This is mild in comparison to some of the spelling I've seen on blogs on-line.

4 Comments:

  • Naps in the afternoon sound good, but I always wake up groggy and out of sorts. If I didn't have to go to work the next day, I'd nap from 3 to about 7 and then get up and stay up until 3 or 4. However, my company frowns on me sleeping at the desk. They're not as understanding as they should be. In Japan, there are companies that actually schedule nap time during the day. Cool, eh? And for another sleep story, see here.

    By Blogger SBB, at 9:19 AM  

  • RE: sleep story.
    Oh! I want one!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:53 AM  

  • Me, too. Doesn't it sound great!

    By Blogger SBB, at 11:02 AM  

  • hmmmm.. do people still go to actual bank branches? and how does one pay their bills at the post office? do you just write cheques and send them in the mail? oh i feel so alien.

    By Blogger Joe, at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?