Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Monday and Tuesday's latest and greatest:


Monday

Hrrr. I woke up way too early. (Reminder to self: no coffee after 1800.) R. had the same prob, too. Since we normally wake an hour later, I used the extra time to surf the Internet (of course) and pay some bills before getting ready for work.

As I stated in an earlier post, I'm currently workin another temp assignment for a local city hall. I had a lot of duties today so getting up early was a blessing. I arrived half hour early which was a good thing since it took several precious minutes to figure out the damned voice mail system. (Damn competitive market.)

Can't say much more about work except I've learned--again--the subtle differences working for the public sector versus the private sector. Kinda like the different between an S&M bar and and S&M dance club. (If you don't know the difference and are sober, I know some single folks who'd love to me ya.) I'll sum it up with a particular sentence uttered by one of my college teachers on contracting with the government: the government is king.

I followed up, during break, on a couple of job opps from last week. One fell through. Damn. However, the agency said another tech writing position was opening up down the line and if I was still interested. I said yes. Money is always good.

But the job opp I'm most keen is still in hiatus. Whew! I'm relieved. The company was planning to interview and hire someone by next week. Since I'm still on assignment, I would have little chance to interview. But according to the (different) agency handling the job opp, the company's still in relocation mode. I'm hoping they stay that way until next week.

Moving along...

I was starving when I got home. A cup of noodle soup, untoasted (strawberry) pop tarts, and a pastry just don't seem to hold me like they used to back in college. Nor four cups of bland coffee. Munched on a soy chicken burger (topped with soy cheese, of course) before hitting the gym for cardio twenty minutes later. See Forge. Afterwards did some shopping.

Note to self: never shop for food when feeling dehydrated.



Image found on the Internet and all rights belong to its owners.


Tuesday

I've noted for some time now that I always fall asleep faster on a workout day. Unfortunately, I don't wake up as easily the next day. I basically crawled and drooled throughout the morn at work. Thankfully the cuties...er...my co-workers basically left me alone as I experienced the joys of sorting files. It wasn't until after lunch (and filled with california rolls) that I finally began to wake up and suffer anxiety attacks from dealing with processed tree pulp. Between the smell of manilla (folders, tha is,) I updated Way with a request of written submissions. (Good luck to whoever submits their works.) And I changed the template on Forge to match the other two. As I stated on the newly changed blog, it's the contents, not the appearance, that counts.


Image found on the Internet and all rights belong to its owner.

(Hmmm. While browsing my own blog's archives during my second break in the day, I discovered this massive gap in 2003. Hmmm. Shall I try to fill it in with a future post?)

1800 finally rolled around and I finally got home to take a nice hour-long nap. Sweetie called and said would be home around 2130 which is quite early. I spent the rest of the evening being Mr. Mom since tomorrow's trash pick-up day. Oh! And read this last entry for Geoffrey. Thanks, Zionide, for your dedication!

Flashback. On August 10th, my friends C. and G. agreed to select a book, read it, then discuss it on a specific date. C. and G. have been discussing books read for years but this was the first time I joined in. The book was East of Eden by John Steinbeck, suggested by G. I picked up the book when I was down in San Diego to attend author Wil Wheaton's signing of his book, Just A Geek.

We were suppose to discuss the book tonight. Due to reading constraints (all of us are reading at least two books at this time,) we pushed the discussion date to September 7th. We should all be finished with East by then.


The next section is off topic. You may either skip past the italics section or end reading now. Otherwise...

Remember when I wrote (see here and here) "concerns" by folks over at Tribe.net that I asked too many questions? Well, I just read another nasty reply to one of my (on-topic) queries.

Unlike the prior times, though, the following replies (which included that tribe's moderator) were quite supportive, reminding people that questions are part of the tribe's purpose.

Huh.



Now back to our regularly scheduled programing...


Image found on the Internet and all rights belong to their owners.

6 Comments:

  • I don't know anything about Tribes, but I do know that trolls exist everywhere. It's hard to ignore them, particularly when they're rude jerks, but I've learned through bitter experience that if you respond, you just encourage the bastards. I'm sorry you're having to deal with it.

    By Blogger SBB, at 7:20 AM  

  • RE: troll.
    I was a bit surprised. Seems the conservatism that's hittin' the population has spread to even the "youngin'" and liberals: "I don't like how you do things so it's your fault."

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:07 AM  

  • Sounds nasty. Just remember you're worth a thousand trolls.

    By Blogger SBB, at 10:07 AM  

  • Re: thousand.
    It's THEIR prob, not mine ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:08 AM  

  • Joel~ As Mark mentioned, and a few others, that IS part of the charter and purpose of the tribe. You just keep asking your questions; they're awesome and as we read, we learn. As for Mr. Snippity on the tribe, well...let's just say he needs to learn some manners.

    By Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar, at 10:26 AM  

  • Re: Tribe.
    Thanks, Pua. It's so true. That Tribe's purpose it to ask questions and promote dialogue. Thought it was crystal clear.

    I'll continue to ask questions as usual.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?