Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

***Let's go goals, goals, I wanna do my goals....***

Accomplishing goals one stumbling step at a time.

One is our finances. Specifically, this is the year we rein discretionary spending and bleed...er...divert it towards remodeling the house. I followed up with the bank on certain financial setups that I hope to complete in a couple of weeks. Once it's finished, we'll even have less funds available on a monthly basis. Sigh. But our future will be more financially secure.

In a similar vein, I continued some more food shopping after working out. Did you know Walgreens carries lots of breakfast/protein/low carb bars for cheap? Not only will this help our losing weight goals, but it'll cut one of our biggest expenses: eating out. I've already been buying soups in bulk and am eyeing several TV dinners for specials. Lean Cuisine had one of those "buy one, get one free" last week.

We're planning a vacation this year. I'm looking into using points from our credit cards to help finance a big chunk of it.

Besides reining in our spending, we're hoping to make some funds by uploading more stock on our side business. I'll be taking a more active role in preparing the products for sale instead of just handling the backend. I can already see many a weekend where we're both working on the business. Sigh. What's that old adage? Ah, yes: "The couple that works together...."?

Just like using our credit card points to help finance our vacation, we'll be combining charity and housework. I've already donated my car to a charity. We're planning to do some major cleaning of the house with many items such as VHS tapes, clothes, etc., to be donated to charity. My fingers are itching to clear out the closets and their accummulated piles of memories. Books, obviously, are the exception to this rule.

Socializing with friends and family is near the top* of our list. We already started by joining friends back in November and--especially--December for various activities. I've already scheduled to see the parental figures this month and we're hoping to join friends for plays. And once the house is ready, we'll be having the long-delayed (try seven years!) housewarming party(ies.)

There's so much stuff to do!


*By the by, what's the top goal? Spending quality time with each other, of course.

5 Comments:

  • Wow you all have a busy year ahead of you, good luck with it all.

    By Blogger Jessica, at 10:37 PM  

  • Remember, no resolutions just ideas to work towards. That way you can 'break' them or modify them without a guilt trip.

    I hope your rain is slowing. I imagine the news has been swamped with info about the mudslide. Even the local paper had pics of that one.

    So... where are you going on holidays?

    By Blogger Leon, at 8:01 AM  

  • PS - Canada is cheap(er).

    By Blogger Leon, at 8:01 AM  

  • canada is indeed cheaper! just don't come during winter unless you like winter sports. i recommend snowshoeing :)

    By Blogger Joe, at 2:30 PM  

  • Wow, many laudable goals!

    What is your side business, if you don't mind me meddling?

    By Blogger TK, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?